Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Early Morning Musings

This will hopefully explain my recent absence:

Oh my, oh me,
I've now found reading a luxury.
For what doth my wand'ring eye see,
but a babe--not a book--in my periphery.

The angel I love, that is for sure,
Though from the fatigue of his care there is no cure.
For when the chance presents the page to tour,
The need for shut-eye is much more pure.

And though I miss the story and its ties,
I know my reading will once again be on the rise,
Because, for now, when I see into my eyes,
There's nothing better than baby smiles, sounds, and cries.

So those who find reading a chore, take heed,
Enjoy your time with a book 'til a wee one becomes your creed.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh...I was wondering when you'd break out the poetry, Shelley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elementary effort, I know, but a contribution, nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete